JOB TITLE: Production Specialist I
REPORTS TO: Team Leader
POSITION OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
Within a team environment, contributes to the ongoing
production of a high quality PVC plastic pipe. This includes performing duties relating directly to the start-up, packaging, inspection and testing requirements associated with such process. In addition, associates will
actively participate in all team charter issues & concerns, educational and safety opportunities and other related tasks as required assuring that personal; team and company goals are being met.
- Performs all duties in a safe, efficient manner, communicates need for additional training if unsure how to perform a task safely,
is aware of all equipment emergency stop buttons and observes all appropriate Company safety regulations.
- Performs packaging duties according to guidelines for finished product to include cart set up, print legibility, correct piece
counts, proper band placement and tension, correct placement of spacers and safe operation and care of banding equipment.
- Utilizing calibrated measuring tools, monitors, adjusts & documents pipe wall thickness, outside diameter, out of round, bevel
depth and overall length to assure product conforms to ASTM standards.
- Visually inspects product for defects to include splits, bubbles, wax lines, bell pockets bevels, and/or foreign materials to
assure conformance to NPP standards.
- Has basic understanding of all downstream line equipment and maintains such by cleaning at
regular intervals to assure smooth operation. (Vacuum venting, saw shavings, beller lubrication, print wheels)
- Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of assigned line and surrounding area so work can be performed in safe and productive
- Actively participates in all related team charter issues, training/educational opportunities, and quality & safety programs.
- Assists other personnel in plant functions as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Performs other work-related duties as required.
Graduation from high school and/or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS PREFERRED
Related mechanical and shop experience which includes the following skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of related safety requirements to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions.
- Ability & willingness to understand and follow routine oral and written instructions.
- Ability to conform to Company attendance standards.
- Ability to work effectively in a participative/team-oriented environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could
provide necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job.
· WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
- The position has typical warehouse manufacturing shop-working conditions to include the
presence of large machinery, elevated noise levels and continuous manufacturing process activity. The job requires sustained mental effort related to technical areas and physical activity.
- The individual may encounter moderate emotional strain or tension.
There is sustained exposure to standing and moderate lifting (up to 50 pounds), occasional heavy lifting (75 + pounds) and other environmental conditions normally present in a modern manufacturing plant.
PRODUCTION WORK HOURS
- Northern Pipe Products is a 7/24-hour operation.
- Production Associates work 12-hour shifts, either days or nights. Hours are from 5:45
am/pm to 6:15 pm/am and rotate around a set 2-week schedule. 1st week - MTFS / 2nd Week - SWTH - Total 2-weeks = 76 Reg/8OT. Associates enjoy a 3-day weekend every other week!
- To be considered for a interview with our team, candidates must have a high school diploma
and/or GED, transportation, be reliable/dependable, ability to lift over 50 lbs, enthusiastic and looking long term.
- Our team offers a starting wage of $11.00/hr for days and $11.50 for nights . Excellent
- Apply in person at 1302 39th Street NW, Fargo, ND. M-F, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. or email a copy of your resume to mailto:email@example.com